Are you feeling stuck with your current workout routine or are you unsure how to begin a fitness program? Are you in a cold climate where exercising outdoors is a challenge? Are the costs of a gym membership or personal trainer prohibitive?Well the solution to your dilemma just may be at your finger tips. With just a click and a swipe, you can begin an exercise program with a fitness app that you can download onto your mobile phone or tablet.
There are tons of fitness apps to choose from. Some are free downloads, some have an upfront premium and some have a monthly subscription payment option. In addition, whatever your interests are, ‘there is an app for that.’ You can choose from apps with a focus on cardio, strength training, running, yoga or pilates. Some apps even incorporate a variety of fitness activities.
Advantages of Fitness Apps:
- It’s affordable.
- It’s convenient. You can exercise at home, outdoors or in the gym.
- It saves time. No travel time required.
- It’s flexible. You can choose when to exercise.
What to look for when choosing a fitness app:
- Variety. To avoid boredom, look for an app that has multiple and varying routines.
- One that caters to all fitness levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Video and sound: To practice proper form, you want an app that has a fitness model demonstrating proper form.
- A fitness app that accesses your music playlist will keep you motivated.
- Has great reviews.
To find a fitness app, search in the App Store on your iPhone or Google Play on your Android. My personal favorite fitness app is the Nike Training App.
On this Move It Monday, no excuses, download a fitness app today!