Life is full of ups and downs. The ups are great, but the downs are challenging. The days of hardship can make you feel like life has stopped and time is stilled. During this time, you go through what I call a “life pause.” The movement in your life that you expected and planned for doesn’t materialize. You become numb, dazed and confused. You say to yourself, “it wasn’t meant to happen like this.”
How long you stay in a life pause depends on your level of awareness and connection to your spirit. Realize that a life pause has a purpose. Use it as an opportunity to take a step back and reflect. Here are some questions that you can ask yourself to help you come to terms with your life pause:
- What is it that I am to learn from this?
- Is there a better plan? Is there a bigger plan ahead, one that you could not have imagined to be possible?
- Am I more mature, have I grown from this experience and am I a better person for it?
- Is this life pause meant to prevent me from making a bigger mistake?
- Was this plan right for me in the first place?
If you are going through a life pause, take a moment to ask yourself the above questions. The answers to these questions may help you to heal from the disappointment of plans lost. Once you discover the answer and purpose of your life pause, you should be ready to reset, regroup and exhale. Press play to move forward with your life.